Saturday, September 15, 2012

I know what I will be doing this weekend...



It is hermit time again.  I have started hermitting and stitching but I just wanted to take a short break, I have several finishes I need to do and they will be gifts so no peakies.  I will also be working on "Africa" by Joan Elliott but I won't share progress until the end of  IHSW.  I can share a couple of pics of this amazing sculpture at the National Harbor in Maryland.  It's called "The Awakening" , my hubby took me to brunch last Sunday at the Gaylord Hotel and afterwards we did a little shopping and walking around, it was such a beautiful day and the weather was perfect. Have ever seen a more beautiful blue sky?








 These two shots are of  the Woodrow Wilson Bridge between Alexandria,VA and Maryland also the skyline in the distance of Old Town Alexandria.

 I didn't get the name of this sculpture but it's how I felt after that great brunch and all of the fresh air.
Well thank you for stopping by and welcome to my new followers.  Next time there will be some stitching pictures I promise.  Now to make some wonderful little xxs.

9 comments:

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Oh? I know I will be enjoying the rain today and going to church tomorrow. Enough excitement for me.

Shirlee said...

It looks like it was a very lovely day weather wise! Very interesting sculpture : )

Unknown said...

What beautiful pictures. I love the sculptures. It is a beautiful place.

Joy said...

What a gorgeous day!! Love that sculpture...just unique. I am hermiting also and taking a few minutes to nose around, but time to get back to business!

Vickie said...

Wow! Never saw anything like that before. :)

Jan said...

Don't you just love the National Harbor? Which restaurant did you guys eat at?

Susieq said...

The sculpture reminds me of the last scene in "The Planet of the Apes". Only the sculpture in the movie was the Statue of Liberty. I looks like a beautiful Fall day.

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

What an amazing sculpture,Minnie, thank you for posing it.
Hope you are enjoying IHSW :)

Julie said...

Brilliant sculptures.
So that's what blue skies look like. ;)Been so long since we had any. :)