Saturday, June 16, 2012

Well where do I start?

I had been admiring these beautiful black work designs on Facebook and realized that this was the designer from SEBA Designs, Banu Kemirel and I decided to start her latest SAL it is up to part 5 so far but this is where I am.








This is a free SAL so that makes it even better. I am stitching on 28ct Khaki even weave with JPCoats variegated floss, I love the colors but am not crazy about the texture of the floss.  I will try to complete part 5 today and maybe move on to part 3 of Papillon Creations SAL if it arrives in time for IHSW. If not there's plenty in my WIP bag to work on and of course there are new starts.  Also since my last post DH and I played in the 3rd Annual MAG America Open, it's a charity golf tournament and the format was team scramble (best ball). The weather was in the 80s with a slight breeze, so that  was perfect. If this was a televised event I think the highlight would have been my chip in for a birdie on the 5th hole (actually it reminded me of one of Tiger Woods' shots). I made a few other putts to contribute to our team efforts, we even used a couple of my tee shots as best balls.  Our team scored a 76 on 18 holes which was better than our score from last year. After play we were treated to a beautiful lunch.When I got home I felt like a two year old, I needed a shower and a nap. The sun and fresh air wiped me out.  All in all I had one of the best days ever and as you can see I have been bitten by the golf bug, not to the extreme as DH who plays 2 to 3 times a week.
I know I am a year behind but I have discovered "Downton Abbey" I picked up the first season DVD and started watching on Thursday morning as I was stitching and needless to say by bedtime I had become hooked and had watched all 7 episodes. I just need to get season 2.  This is a great show, hopefully Netflix will have it soon and I won't have to pay $23.00 for the DVD.
Well that's all the excitement of my week, thank you all for stopping by and if anybody's looking for me I'll be making those wonderful little xxs.

11 comments:

Shirlee said...

Lovely project Minnie! Welcome to Downton Abbey : ) John & I have just watched the first season but are looking forward to seeing Season 2 : )

Ineke said...

You are stitching a beautiful SAL Minnie. Even in The Netherlands is Downton Abby on tv ;o) I've watched both series.

Beebeebabs said...

Very pretty!!!

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

That is very pretty Minnie. Gorgeous colours.

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

It is very lovely!

Anne said...

So lovely Minnie!! The colours are perfect! Like a kaleidoscope!!

Faith... said...

yours is beautiful Minnie!

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

Minnie how fabulous!! Oh my goodness, It's been a while. I'm in here trying to make it do what it do he he he he he! A pile of work honestly, is what has kept me away. I will have time to come and visit everyone in July. The work is beautiful!

Ewa said...

What a gorgeous design, Minnie! I love the effect of the variegated thread.

Julie said...

Your sal is looking pretty with your choice of colours.

Glad you enjoyed Downton Abbey.

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

great stitching :D