Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Let's see, what's happened...


Since my last post which was to announce I had 50 followers, I have noticed that sometimes my blog shows I have 56, 53,46 then 42 and actually I think I had 50 for a while before they all showed up.  I have no idea why it jumps around like it does. If anybody knows the answer please let me know if it is something I’m doing wrong. Also do I have to be one of my own followers to comment on my own post?  I'm not very tec savy as you can probably tell. Anyway I have only received two winners’ addresses so as not to keep them waiting I will send out their packages today. 
I hope everyone had a good Valentine’s Day yesterday.  My hubby brought me these lovely cupcakes and they looked so good we ate some before I thought to take a picture to share but here is what I have left.  This is now my favorite bake shop.

As for stitching I started two more items, one is the “His Name is Jesus” I mentioned before and the second is another small Joan Elliott design.  It’s the first of three kimonos and I’m planning on stitching them all on the same piece of fabric to be framed together.   


I noticed that even though I wash my hands constantly during the day and while stitching somehow the fabric still gets dirty and I saw these covers that you could order that fit over your Q-snaps, then I thought why buy when I can make my own.  Which I did, it only took about 15 minutes.  I only made the one size because that’s the size Q-snap I use the most but it I decide to use a larger set I’ll have to make another cover to fit it.

10 comments:

sharine said...

Great stitching. The kimonos will look very good together.

Shirlee said...

Why does Blogger do anything it does ... lol! Those cupcakes look delicious! Love the new stitchings! I saw a tutorial on how to make those Q-Snap covers just the other day! Seems very easy but I decided I had enough on my plate right now. The gal who made the tutorial sells the completed covers for $5.00 each so I was very happy to pay her to make them for me. Should be here too ... hooray! I have been wanting them so I could tuck excess fabric up into them to keep it from flopping about when I'm stitching. Blessings, Shirlee

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Lovely stitching as always! I have done two or three of the His Name Is Jesus. They are awesome.

Anonymous said...

Hello

Sorry I can't help with the blogger queries.

I love your new starts and those cakes look delicious!

TammyK said...

The cupcakes look scrumptious! Love your 2 new wip's. I don't think u have to follow our own blog to post on it.

Minnie said...

I tried commenting the other day and it wouldn't let me.

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

The other suggestion that I found for stitching is put your fabric in the frame so that the frame is on top of the fabric so you only hold the back side.

beautiful stitching :D

Julie said...

Hi Minnie,
More new starts ;).Very nice.
Sorry i cant help with blogging and computers.I'm has savy as you :).But i am slowing getting there with DD help.

Ewa said...

Sometimes cupcakes are just so much better than roses!

Joysze said...

I think that's just blogger being blogger, Minnie and has absolutely nothing to do with you.

No, you don't have to be a follower to comment on your own post. :)

Love His Name is Jesus. I think when I finally get around to this one, I'm going to do it in the greens. :D

Cupcakes look delish!!!