Sunday, January 15, 2012


There is a wonderful group of ladies over at the About.com Cross Stitch forum that I have been very lucky to meet (at least on the internet) and we have a week long stitch-a-thon that we call a SWAT. It started as a one day stitching marathon that has evolved to include a whole week; the rules are there are no rules.  You stitch as much or as little as you want/can and have fun knowing that somewhere in the world there is someone stitching with you.  I have been able to stitch with a friend every day and finish many projects.  The first SWAT for 2012 started Saturday morning and I stitched on and off all day because you know life doesn’t stop and people have to eat.  I finished off the partial skein of DMC#436 that I was using on the African Women the night before and instead of starting another I decided to give some attention to the black & white project I have going, it hasn’t been worked on since before Christmas.  This chart is of another Shaman and is being stitched on 18 ct. Aida, when finished will be one of the six squares in my wall hanging project.  My goal is to hopefully finish it by the end of the SWAT and then on to another WIP for the IHSW. 
The weather here in Virginia has turned to winter finally and I am freezing.  The heat has been turned on and I am about to start Sunday dinner in the oven so that should warm things up a bit.  Hubby has control of the remote so i guess it will be football and stitching the rest of the day.
Here are my update photos.


Well it’s time to go make some more little xxs. Thanks for stopping by and welcome to my new followers.

9 comments:

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

These are beautiful! Has anyone told you lately how fabulous your are? You are a monster with that needle girly! How divine. Great work. Thanks for stopping by too Minnie. It means the world.
V

Jan said...

So, will we see these in person Wednesday? I like the colors in the one already.
Darn those husbands and the remotes! I just put in my headphones and listen to the ipod. Don't have to hear the TV or the DH!

Mary said...

These look great!

Gillie said...

Hmm, i shall be in DC in a week or so, so make sure it gets a bit warmer, please! Love the idea of the SWAT but such a nuisance that people have to be fed, lol!

Ewa said...

Aw, what a lovely idea! I always seem to get more done in a SAL :) Lovely progress

Mouse said...

you seem to have smoking needles ..lol well done wit all the wips and sals etc :) happy stitching :) love mouse xxxxx

Julie said...

Been playing catch up with your blog.Nice pieces on the go.And thanks for your nice comments.:)

Jackie said...

Your updates are beautiful.

Jackie

Daffycat said...

Isn't it awesome to use up an entire skein of thread? I just get giddy in my tummy doing that!

Wow, your projects are really cool. I love the African faces! You need to put a little photo of the designs in your sidebar so we can be reminded of the finished results!